The Real Footie Analyst

Mario Balotelli walks away unhurt after car crash with United fan

mario-balotelli-bentleyA teenage driver has told of the moment his car spun 360 degrees after crashing with Mario Balotelli’s white Bentley.

Danny Campbell, 18, said ‘I thought I was going to die’ when the accident involving the Manchester City star happened.

Mr Campbell was pulled from his wrecked Vauxhall Corsa injured while Balotelli walked away unhurt.

But Mr Campbell, who was treated in hospital for concussion and whiplash, said the Italian striker, 21, did not bother to check if he was OK.

According to some reports, Balotelli was said to be ‘shook up’ but was unhurt and apparently joked with onlookers.

Mr Campbell, a Manchester United fan, told The Sun: ‘If the impact had been closer to the driver’s door, it would have killed me.

‘It spun my car around 360 degrees and I was in total shock.’

The smash happened on Thursday after Mr Campbell, who has been driving for six months, dropped his father Sam off near Deansgate Locks in Manchester city centre.

He believes his £1,700 car is a write-off after it suffered severe damage to the front offside. Balotelli’s £120,000 Bentley was also damaged by the impact.

The Italian striker stopped further up the road after the accident but it is claimed that he did not get out of his car.

Mr Campbell was taken to Tameside General Hospital on Thursday night after he began feeling sick.

Greater Manchester Police said their inquiries were ongoing. Manchester City were unavailable for comment.

Manchester City confirmed the 21-year-old was involved in a prang with another vehicle close to Deansgate Locks in Manchester City Centre.

City stated said that Balotelli was not at fault and was unharmed along with the driver of the other car.

Balotelli’s career in England has been blighted by a series of off-field antics with his club becoming increasingly concerned at his behaviour.

Earlier on Thursday he revealed a weight has been lifted from his shoulders following revelations that he had a fling with a prostitute linked to Manchester United star Wayne Rooney.

Balotelli admitted that his knowledge of the story had been a heavy burden.

Balotelli’s agent, Mino Raiola, pre-empted embarrassing headlines by revealing details of a ‘brief involvement’ with Jennifer Thompson, who claimed in 2010 that Rooney had paid her £1,200-a-night for sex while his wife Coleen was five months pregnant.

In an interview with Gazzetta dello Sport, he added: ‘I know I must still learn to keep my private life separate from my profession. It’s not easy, but I have taken this step to free me from the weight of this story.

‘Recently, I admit, I have been troubled – because of this story, but not only. My natural parents in some interviews have been disrespectful to my family.

‘Now that this weight has been lifted, I am certain that I will find the positive energy to make the best run for the title with Manchester City, and prepare in the best way for the European Championship.

‘Now that this weight has been lifted, I am certain that I will find the positive energy to make the best run for the title with Manchester City, and prepare in the best way for the European Championship.’

Source: DailyMail

%d bloggers like this: